Our association is in search of 8 volunteers to take part to a 2 month European Voluntary Service in Smolensk, Russia. The stage will be between 1st July until 1st September 2019.
WHAT is the project about?
The project supposes involvement of 8 volunteers from Romania into short-term EVS project in rehabilitation centre for disabled children in Smolensk during 2 months. The children come there for rehabilitation for different periods from 3 weeks till half a year. There are children with different kinds of disabilities: with infantile cerebral paralysis and other physical and mental disabilities. Volunteers will need to develop activities for the children and help in the camp.
The centre is located in a very picturesque place in Smolensk city. Smolensk is one of the most ancient Russian towns.
- to enhance the competences (E2) of 8 volunteers, during 2 months, in working with children with different disabilities, by developing knowledge of at least 2 new methods
- to offer summer time activities for a group of at least 30 youth, during 2 months, in order to develop them independency skills, logical thinking and motoric coordination.
1st July until 1st September 2019
- Persons with Romanian citizenship or rezidenship
- Young people aged 18 to 30 years old
- Medium English skills
- Motivated to take part to all activities of the project, including the dissemination part after return in Romania
- Has / will have a valid passport until 1st June
WHAT the program if covering:
- Travel costs (going and coming back) in the limit of 275 euros
- Accommodation in the camp, in shared rooms with other volunteers
- 3 meals /day
- 60 euros pocket money
- Materials for the activities
- Heath insurance – Cigna
- Visa fee to enter Russia
HOW to apply?
STEP 1: send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you more information about the project. UNTIL 01st May
STEP 2: prepare and send us your CV and motivation letter. UNTIL 1st May
STEP 3: interview with us (on-line). UNTIL 15th May.
STEP 4: final selection of the candidates so check the website to see if you are there. UNTIL 20th May